Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

PROBLEM WITH TEXT ON PHOTOSHOP, URGENT!

So i was editing an image with text that i ahd added in another software, the format was PDF and after removing the text and adding another text, and all that it looked good in photoshop, but after saving it, and opening the image there was a bad text shadow thing, like a ghost of the text, some patches of text were remaining and it looked very bad. Please help! Im sorry this isnt exactly related to astronomy but it is very urgent! If it is necessary i will remove the post after i have gotten help. Clear skies!

@Ahgii My first guess is that it's residual image of the original text you removed.  Could you hide  the residual text behind  the new text?  Or make a better job of cosmetically removing the original text? 

Does the "shadow text" move with the new Photoshop text? Have you inadvertently selected some drop shadow to the new text? If so that's easy to switch off. 

Is there a history option in the other software ? Photoshop has history but only for changes made in Photoshop.

Do you have any backups on pc, might find one before you edited image ?

Good luck with it.

On 7/25/2017 at 08:53, Ouroboros said:

@Ahgii My first guess is that it's residual image of the original text you removed.  Could you hide  the residual text behind  the new text?  Or make a better job of cosmetically removing the original text? 

Does the "shadow text" move with the new Photoshop text? Have you inadvertently selected some drop shadow to the new text? If so that's easy to switch off. 

No, i didnt add any shadows, or anything, my problem is that in photoshop when i finished the image it looked all good, but after saving it there was a lot of residue visible

No, no residue visible in photoshop,  even after reopening, would love to show the image but it's a business card and it contains personal information. I can send a screenshot of the residue.

residue.PNG

Just now, Ahgii said:

No, no residue visible in photoshop

Have you tried saving it as a different format from PS, maybe it's an encoding thing. The other software not liking PS's version of the format used. also 8/16/32 bit, colourspace (rgb/cmyk etc)

Also if you have layers (didn't say) flatten the file and save again - I've noticed that when I save a PNG without flattening, some software seems to scan the stuff you shouldn't see from the middle layers.

I get you don't want to share publicly, if you don't mind one trusted (???? :)) SGL member having a peak you could PM it, or not, up to you.

Just now, johnfosteruk said:

Have you tried saving it as a different format from PS, maybe it's an encoding thing. The other software not liking PS's version of the format used. also 8/16/32 bit, colourspace (rgb/cmyk etc)

Also if you have layers (didn't say) flatten the file and save again - I've noticed that when I save a PNG without flattening, some software seems to scan the stuff you shouldn't see from the middle layers.

I get you don't want to share publicly, if you don't mind one trusted (???? :)) SGL member having a peak you could PM it, or not, up to you.

I'll try flattening the file, saving in other formats wont change a thing btw.

1 minute ago, johnfosteruk said:

good luck

well now i ran into another problem, i dont know what flattening is, because i am quite new with photoshop, i thought it was a save thing but it isnt. please help.

1 minute ago, johnfosteruk said:

Check your layers panel and if there is more than one layer then flatten, if not, don't.

Click on the layers menu then flatten image.

so if i flatten it looks like the saved image, with all that residue visible.

Just now, johnfosteruk said:

In Photoshop?

Sounds like the residue is in one of the layers then

ok, ill do some eliminating and i'll tell u the results, also, yes, in photoshop.

5 minutes ago, johnfosteruk said:

In Photoshop?

Sounds like the residue is in one of the layers then

The layer the residue is in is the original Layer, cuz this was like another person's business card, that i had to model around, and so the residue is from the original layer which contains the company Logo and all that. Is there any way to manually remove the residue with some tool of some sort?

I would suggest getting the original image on screen then using the Windows snipping tool to save it as a PNG file, open that in P'Shop and open a new image the same size then copy and paste just the bits you want to the new image.

Then put your text in and save as PNG.

Dave

Just now, Ouroboros said:

I'd be tempted to try using the clone tool to remove unwanted text, assuming the background is reasonably uniform.  

the background is composed of those blank cubes, i think i solved the problem already, get eraser tool and erase all over the layer, i can even get it over all the text i changed, since its seperate to the original layer.

Archived