SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Nikon for long exposure

On 23/07/2017 at 14:12, serbiadarksky said:

Hi,

I want to ask can the Nikon D3300 do long exposures maybe attached to a SkyWatcher Star Adventurer and make like 100sec exposure? :)

I use a Nikon D5300 , much the same camera i think just mine has a fold out LCD , try some Mobile phone apps like the other people say, i bought a intervalometer and in truth never use it, as the are some good phone apps like 

Camera-Remote  DSLR-Remote, personally i use DSLR-Remote as it has a red interface, one problem you may find is you may need to find a good position to place your Phone so the signal is not lost. i attach my phone to my Lens/scope with a elastic band and use the 2 sec delay. 

1 hour ago, Knight of Clear Skies said:

Yes, long exposures are possible. If software control such as Backyard EOS doesn't work then a cheap intervalometer (just the first of many links I found on eBay) will do the trick. Just set the exposure length to 'bulb' on the camera.

Thanks for the advice but I choosed a Canon 600D :)

Archived