Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Trifid Nebula LRGB AT8RC

Rudeviewer

Finally got out again last night and wanted to image something that i haven't imaged in a long time. Last time was a few years ago and it was nowhere near as good as this has come out. This needs a Lot more LUM as i have a few hot pixels in there which I need to find out why my camera is producing so many hot pixels even when cooled.  This image was processed in pixinsight and finished in photoshop.  I think for 2.5 hours time total it came out ok.  Will for sure add the LUM to it..

6x600 L
6x300 R
6x300 G
6x300 B With Bias calibs only on all filters.

Quick LRGB Trifid - PS.png

Here is a an extra hour added to the LUM on the this target and reprocessed a bit different.  I think i see some dark halos around stars, which would have happened it photoshop, so i gotta figure that out.

TRIFID #3- PS.png

Here is the file before i messed with it in photoshop.  Seems i like to overdo things in photoshop a bit.  Sometimes its tough to know when to stop processing and just get more data that will bring detail out instead of overdoing the processing.  Let me know what you think.....

TRIFID #3-1.png

Looks good. Personally, I would darken the background ever so slightly. This will make the neb stand out a little more, without having to increase colour saturation. (Viewed on my mobile phone, which has it's own mind about colours and contrast.)

On 7/18/2017 at 01:24, wimvb said:

Looks good. Personally, I would darken the background ever so slightly. This will make the neb stand out a little more, without having to increase colour saturation. (Viewed on my mobile phone, which has it's own mind about colours and contrast.)

Dropped the background down just a hair and desaturated a slight bit.  I did bring the contrast up a slight amount as well.  

trifid3.png

I like #1 the best--but I agree that the black point in teh background can be nudged down a bit--but without decreasing the blackpoint in the dark dust lanes of the nebula (at least see how it looks).  I like teh scale on this image.

Rodd

Archived