Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Unusual APM

18 hours ago, Solar B said:

I'm sure your wondering how it could be much better than say an FPL53 but it was as I owned/was using an equinox at that time and place !

It's food for thought if you say it is, Brian. though I remember my Meade 80 triplet seemed to show a slightly more 'magical' views than the Skywatcher ED80, and by magical I mean slightly more speck like stars on an even darker contrasty looking background. I think I sold it due to the weight of the thing and nothing else, blimming heavy for an 80mm but the views were simply lovely. Never looked through a quad but if it's like the triplet with a flat field I could imagine it to be pretty special if well collimated. 

• 3 years later...

Well this scope has surfaced again  the optics are by Russian company Astreya and it’s one cell with two doublets and the views are stunning as Brian mentions even Es Reid said they were excellent when I collected it from him after he gave it a once over and clean and collimation 

7F1A0AE5-B88B-42EA-B53F-E28878C95F3D.jpeg

E1C99858-61FD-4CDB-8BE1-0BDBA1C20735.jpeg

Edited by garryblueboy
  • Like 1