NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Comin' along - JWT

Stu

That is looking truly amazing...........i want one, will Flo be stocking them :biggrin:

On a serious note i really hope this mission goes to plan, the images/data should be just stunning

5 minutes ago, nightfisher said:

On a serious note i really hope this mission goes to plan, the images/data should be just stunning

Too right Jules, I bet the Ariane rocket boys and girls will be a bit edgy on launch!

I think I'm excited and nervous for the JWT in equal measures! I really can't imagine how the folks working on all aspects of it are feeling, and will be feeling on launch day, plus it's first light! My fingers are as crossed as a very crossed thing, lets hope all goes well and the world gets the most amazing scope! :)

36 minutes ago, Lockie said:

I think I'm excited and nervous for the JWT in equal measures

I think on launch day I'll be making sure I'm doing something else. Don't tell me what happens!!!

21 minutes ago, Pondus said:

Amazing Project.

The expected mission duration, 5-10 years, is a bit short though...

They always over deliver though. Don't forget the HST original mission timeline was only 4.5 years and here we are nearly 30 years later - and JWT can't be serviced.

I am sure we will get some interesting pics but not the same type as Hubble. The camera on the JWST is Infrared, 0.6 microns is the shortest wavelength it will record. It won't be able to record the blue-green portion of the spectrum from our own galaxy and those very nearby. Once the galaxies are red shifted enough then those wavelengths will fall within it's grasp.

Nigel

Archived