SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

ATP with PlateSolve

Hi all,

Has anyone had any luck using APT along with PlateSolve. I had a quick go earlier in the year and at first thought it worked well as i happened to be on target. However, the next evening I was off target by quite some considerable distance and it still tried to tell me that the object was at the centre of the image - it wasn't! I'll try it again come the darker nights but just wondered if anyone had regularly had it working - just to make sure i'm not flogging a lemon!

I use apt with Astrotortilla fine. I've had a few hiccups in the past but nothing a quick reset of my equipment didn't fix. The source of my problems seemed to be solving straight after the meridian. If I image for 10 mins or so after the meridian, then perform a flip it works perfectly.

What other programs are you using? What's controlling your mount?

i was using Stellarium (with Stellarium's own direct scope interface) controlling an EQ2-pro with Synscan (PC-direct mode).

I've now got ASCOM working via Stellarium scope so both Stellarium and APT will be using ASCOM next time I try it. 

Thanks for confirming that it works. I'll give it another go when I get the chance.

Hi. Yes,  it works fine here. Which solve is failing? PS2 or asps? Do you have the latest ansvr? Have you downloaded the fits libraries for your focal length? Is the fl entered under the tools tab? Tell us the sequence of events you use....

Archived