NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Photoshop plugins / processing software

Hi All,

I'm looking for some advice on photoshop / general processing software that's out there. I'm looking to do things like remove light pollution from images, add diffraction spike to stars to give them a bit more of a glam look.

Also looking for recommnedation on the latest software titles for more general image aquisition and processing.

I looked through the primers section but didn't really see much on software. I know there a primsers to do stuff manually, i just want to make simplify the process as much as possible.

Cheers,

Ribuck.

A common set of photoshop plugins is Noels Tools (Actions). They can be found at:

http://actions.home.att.net/Astronomy_Tools_For_Full_Version.html

They are currently $19.95 which is good value, and can do gradient removal, diffraction spikes, and many other actions. Another piece of software which can be used to remove gradients etc is pixinsightLE (freeware)

http://pixinsight.com/download/LE/index.html

Make sure to download the latest update as well.

Steve..

Hi All,

I contacted Noel explaining that i think i had bought a copy about a year or so back and that i had lost the software, and asked if it would be possible to get a discount on the new version of the software. Noel emailed me back within about 10 minutes and offered a free upgrade to the new version as he still had me on record.

So i would just like to say a big thank you to Noel for his fast response and excellent customer service.

If anyone is looking for an excellent plugin for photoshop and and friendly service, I highly recommend you try Noels tool.

Noel Carboni's Astronomy Tools

Cheers,

Rich.

Mark,

You should definately buy his tools and at $20 (£11) it's next to nothing, and the results are superb. I've been playing around with a few sample files removing light pollution, adding nice looking diffraction spikes etc and the results are amazing.

Why wait to Xmas, £11 isn't a lot, well unless you have to save up and buy photoshop first.......lol.

Rich.

Hey Legion48,

I know you can get the tools for Photoshop elements as Noel has them on his web site. I'm new to photoshop so what's the difference between normal photoshop and photoshop elements as the tools look to do eactly the same things.

I guess i'm just curious about Photoshop elements ? Does it have any nice spankly features over normal photoshop ?

Rich.

Rich,

I think its the other way round. I believe that Elements is a cut down version of Photoshop, but with sufficient features available for most image processing. Its just that the purchase of a full version of Photoshop makes one cry at the thought of such a massive reduction in your weekly/annual "pocket money".

John

Yep, Noel works with Elements :clouds2: and if you've got one of the earlier versions of Elements there are a couple of free plug-ins available that will add 'curves' functionality. The curves bit was the most important (in my view) bit missing from Elements, compared with full Photoshop, for astro purposes.

Helen

Archived