SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Three Stupid Mistakes!

cloudsweeper

ONE.  This had to happen some time.  Slipped the dewshield on the 8SE, began alignment.  OK through RACI finder; nothing through EP.  Eh??  Yes - aperture cover not removed - dohh!

TWO.  Hardly saw a hint of target galaxies and globs.  Even M13 was iffy.  Why?  Well, it was then about 3.30am, and at this time of year, even major stars were getting dim.  But the Summer Beehive Cluster IC 4665 still looked good!

THREE.  Brought everything back indoors and failed to check/wipe as necessary.  Soon noticed a slug slithering over the power pack - yeuk!

It can only get better.

Doug.

Think we've all done number one at some point Doug. I know I have. You do feel a little stupid don't cha? Hehe! ;) 

Number 2; that time off year with limited darkness alas. Will get better from August onwards! :) 

Yucky number 3; not had that issue with any Astro equipment as yet, but did get a snail hitching a ride on the side of my car. Noticed it when I returned from Tesxo's, so carefully peeled it off the door of my car and put it in some long grass. ?

Archived