Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Salisbury Star Party

Sam

A BIG THANKS to Darren and Bernie for making the star party possible :thumbright: . It was really awesome to meet such a great bunch of people. I picked up a lot of tips, including the use of a hair dryer! We had a great couple of nights with last night being stunning. The views of the Milky Way were brilliant! M31 was quite clearly visible to the naked eye. Jupiter gave some great views early in the evening which I enjoyed through Pete's scope. Here's a pic of the campsite and the lovely Saturday afternoon that saw quite a few of us getting a little sunburn:

8025_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

I'm looking forward to the next one!!!

Sam

I just want to say a huge thank you to everyone that turned up, it was nice to see some old and new faces alike! Without you all, this couldn't of happened!

I hope to organise another 1 or 2 next year and hope to make it grow each year (maybe even like kelling or kielder) or maybe not!

I was thinking maybe of holding one in the peak district so that is easily available for those ooop norf and another one at a new site me and bernie have found in salisbury with an even better view and more room for more astrnomers!

So a huge thanks to mel and partner (astrobaby), Kevin and family (Beyondvision), Ian (Starflyer) and family, Martin (Dogfish), Bernie (supernova), Kurt (Keagle), Bob and trish (wobbly bob), John (Jwdg43),

Peter (timetraveller), Sam (lightbucket), Ian (Astronut) and ringz! Without you i couldnt have made it a success it was!

Looking forward to seeing the fun images as well as the astro images!

Thanks for a Great time

Darren icon_smile.gifhello2.gifhello2.gifhello2.gifhello2.gifhello2.gif

Me and the Mrs had a great time meeting new and some old friends. Saturday was by far the best for Solar observing and imaging during the day followed by a welcome clear sky in the evening when all who attended had there eye in an eyepiece. The Magic for me was seeing a young girl tacking a very keen interest in Astronomy (coached by Bernie, Supernover) as well as a few campers wanting and getting advice from our group. On the evenings when the weather was YUK I am afraid the group activity decended into drunken debauchery, :laughing3: No actually we had great fun what with a strange reflected light image rotating on the low cloud base, Stargazer1980 swinging his illuminated spheres in an amazing range of patterns plus Starflyer + Dogfish ingaged in a starwars light sabre battle with green laser pens. All in all it was a great event and thanks must go to Darren and Bernie for organising the do.

Archived