SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Herstmonceaux next weekend

zero

Hi all,

Just a quick not to say that next weekend is the Herstmonceaux festival of astronomy. There will be lots of exhibits and tours as well as lectures from Nik Syzmanek and some bloke called Patrick....

This is about showing off astronomy to kids and families who may never of thought about it before so it really is important.

Patrick has very kindly ofered to lend me his BC&Co refractor for the weekend, and I will also be taking a few more brass goodies from the workshop. We will not have a trade stall (though there will still be Ian King,Venturescope and Pulsar) but will be bringing a few scopes and just talking ablut astronomy. I will have Patrick's scope and will be showing it off a little. We also have with us one of the directors from Meade who is flying over specially.

Please come and supoort the event. It's important to enthuse the kids now, or our hobby will fade away in a blur of texts, video games and general indifference.

Steve.

There's also a beer tent. Come and find me. :)

Looks as if it's going to be great!! Especially with Meade turning up :salute: ""This not just any director, this is the director of directors complete with full explanations from the elusive Meade"" :) .

Maybe he will have some freebies with him, 14" LX200 etc :(

Jeff.

We will be there on the HantsAstro stand.

Camping over over too Friday/Saturday. Seen the the forecast and mad enough to still go! May attempt some observing if I can wring the telescopes out!

Looks like it's wet and windy, but forecasts say there is a respite from it from 11pm Friday until 4am... we'll see.

Please feel free to pop over and say hi.

Dave

Archived