Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Heart Nebula HaSHO

Rodd

This was a reprocessing experiment really--I did not expect very much out of the data as there isn't really very much of it.  I am a bit mystified by this image.  The image consists of nothing but 5 min subs in Ha, SII and OIII taken with Televue np101is.  Total integration time is 3.3 hours.  I have spent allot of time desaturating this mage.  When I processed this data last year, I could not get much color out of the data--especially blue (OIII).  I thought, at the time, it was due to few short duration subs.  I seemed to have solved that problem. Prior to my desaturation efforts, this image was beyond even my American standards of loud.  For the limited narrowband data, and the short duration of the subs, I am somewhat pleased.  Not sure where all the color came from, though. I would say avoid full resolution viewing.

Revisiting this target is a must.

HaSHO-1c-b.thumb.jpg.a32d440609b894b65731c114efab7e77.jpg

2 hours ago, Tangoringo said:

Stunning image Rodd. Looks pretty damned good to my untrained, newbie eyes with, to my eyes, a very natural looking range of colour.

Thanks Tangoringo.  

1 minute ago, Barry-Wilson said:

You're right, this is an enduring target having so much structure and intersting astronomical features.  One of my favourites too.

For my personal taste the stars are overly sharp though Rodd.

You're absolutely right Barry--I noticed that after I posted.  I think I ran deconvolution and it went too far and I forgot to undue it.  I think I need to redo the shoot to really do this target justice. 

6 minutes ago, Filroden said:

I think this is why I may be treating myself to O and S filters before the Autumn! You've got some great colour and contrast. Your stars look overly square. Maybe deconvolution has gone too far?

Thanks Ken--yes--way to far.  I am redoing it, but really with the limited data, I probably should wait till I can shoot it again. 

Rodd

5 minutes ago, Rodd said:

Thanks Ken--yes--way to far.  I am redoing it, but really with the limited data, I probably should wait till I can shoot it again. 

Rodd

It's only noticeable when you zoom. As ever, at screen resolution it looks good. It's only worth reworking if you were going to print it (and it's an image I'd hang on the wall!)

1 hour ago, Filroden said:

It's only noticeable when you zoom. As ever, at screen resolution it looks good. It's only worth reworking if you were going to print it (and it's an image I'd hang on the wall!)

I think I'll wait till I get allot more data for printing.  But I agree its a worthy target.

10 hours ago, Rodd said:

Thanks Tangoringo.  

Fixed the stars Barry-- a whole reprocess.  Data is kind of lean though....

4 hours ago, Filroden said:

I think this is why I may be treating myself to O and S filters before the Autumn! You've got some great colour and contrast. Your stars look overly square. Maybe deconvolution has gone too far?

Better Ken?

HaSHO-3c.thumb.jpg.bbf194b20612fe27bc4f14bbea1227fc.jpg

42 minutes ago, PatrickGilliland said:

Very nicely done Rodd - liking the details and colours.  Second version looks better.

Thanks Paddy.  I can't wait to get more data.  Still a bit perplexed at the 5 min subs. 

Archived