NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Morphing AR 2650

Iainp

Dave reminded me I hadn't done a morph for ages, so in the absence of actual sun, I had a go this morning with the 2 images of AR 2650 taken 35 minutes apart on the 13th (previous post). Once again I'm surprised how much more action is revealed with a morph, even though of course there's no more actual information there. I hadn't noticed the "swirling" action around the spot before. or the movement of the darker area between the 3 pores:

morph.gif

Thanks. yes, full disc is easy too. If you have 2 images let me know and I can do them. If there's a lot of rotation it sometimes doesn't work, but often does.

Iain

24 minutes ago, Iainp said:

Thanks. yes, full disc is easy too. If you have 2 images let me know and I can do them. If there's a lot of rotation it sometimes doesn't work, but often does.

Iain

I was thinking of Steves 18? days animation, that would look awesome as one loooong smooth animation :grin:

Dave

1 hour ago, Davey-T said:

I was thinking of Steves 18? days animation,

Ah it would look amazing but I can only do 2 images (using the free GIMP Morph plugin). To do 18+ you need to do each pair individually, and the second of the pair needs to be set up from scratch to be the first of the next pair.  Several hours work at least! There are programs you can buy to do multiple morphs, but you still need to specify dozens of point on each each and specify where you want them to morph to.  The next best thing is to put all the images into, say, Moviemaker, then use a fade transition between frames. That can work really well sometimes. 

Good to know you use gimp also. I still have lots to learn but I think it's awesome. Awesome morph btw! You guys do some cool stuff on here with your solar images that really bring them far beyond just a picture.

Archived