Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Upgraded MAK focuser

Just got an SCT focuser upgrade for the MAK 150.  It was the new version so took the thread nicely.  Can't wait for clear skies.  Already impressed with the optics and can't say enough about the views I've had here in Crickhowell.???☘️

On another note, when are SW going to give instructions with their accessories? Got a 2" variable polarising filter that comes in 2 parts! Which part goes with what?

IMG_4266.JPG

IMG_4268.JPG

IMG_4269.JPG

IMG_4270.JPG

IMG_4271.JPG

IMG_4272.JPG

IMG_4273.JPG

IMG_4274.JPG

IMG_4275.JPG

IMG_4276.JPG

IMG_4277.JPG

IMG_4278.JPG

IMG_4280.JPG

just been deliberating the issue of precise focus at high power on my Meade lx50 mak.....was toying with the Revelation dual speed, a Borg helical focuser but finally plumped for a Meade motorised focuser of UKABS- hopefully will get precise focus, no mirror flop and no scope shake......can't wait to give it a try...

Like the stickers on the scope tube. :) 

If the polarising filter is anything like mine then one half of them allows you to turn it around in itself. On my filter this one that moves around screws into the other one that does not spin around. HTH. :) 

Archived