Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

First Look at Jupiter

Woolnut

So last night i manged to get my first look at Jupiter and i started with extremely low expectations but i was amazed at what i could see! I was able to see 4 moons (Europa, Io, Ganymede and Callisto) along with the main attraction which revealed a little detail but nothing major! (I was able to see NEB & SEB  or at least i think that's what i could see!) I was thinking about getting some additional EP's to enhance my viewing of Jupiter however I think for the moment i will settle for what i have as i am satisfied!

Just thought i would share :D 

2 hours ago, Pondus said:

Congrats. Its a fantastic planet to observe. :smiley:.

Rune

Thanks :), i would say i was most excited to look at Jupiter, i really want to take a look at Saturn at some point soon too however it is a little low at the moment so i would need to find somewhere with a reasonably unobstructed view to observe successfully!

5 hours ago, Woolnut said:

So last night i manged to get my first look at Jupiter and i started with extremely low expectations but i was amazed at what i could see! I was able to see 4 moons (Europa, Io, Ganymede and Callisto) along with the main attraction which revealed a little detail but nothing major! (I was able to see NEB & SEB  or at least i think that's what i could see!) I was thinking about getting some additional EP's to enhance my viewing of Jupiter however I think for the moment i will settle for what i have as i am satisfied!

Just thought i would share :D 

I have also had my first real look Jupiter in recent nights and had similar expectations and results. I got a glimpse of the two belts, I also enjoyed the different positions of the four moons. Last night the moons and Jupiter were in an almost perfect line 

14 hours ago, Pondus said:

Saturn will be low for the next few years (I`m living at 59°N, will be quite hopeless)

Grab the opportunity to observe it, first view of Saturn is one of those moments...

Rune

Definitely, I will need to take a little trek to find somewhere fairly local where i can set up my 'scope and get a decent view :) 

13 hours ago, Ger said:

I have also had my first real look Jupiter in recent nights and had similar expectations and results. I got a glimpse of the two belts, I also enjoyed the different positions of the four moons. Last night the moons and Jupiter were in an almost perfect line 

Nice! I am hoping we get more nights like Saturday night soon around my way so i can see a little more of Jupiter and some of the Moons, i just wish that the manual controls didn't cause the 'scope to shake so much, i spent a lot of time waiting for the OTA to stop shaking after using the manual adjustment things! May have to experiment with a sandbag in the mount!

Archived