SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

First shot of the Season

15 hours ago, cuivenion said:

Great shot, could you give some info on equipment used and technique?

Basic camera equipment and tripod really, a Sony a6000 with a 16mm F2.8 lens. This mill is way out in the countryside and according to charts, there's next to no light pollution. It's a 25 second exposure at 1600 ISO taken at about 4am in the morning :) 

1 hour ago, Bprezzle said:

Basic camera equipment and tripod really, a Sony a6000 with a 16mm F2.8 lens. This mill is way out in the countryside and according to charts, there's next to no light pollution. It's a 25 second exposure at 1600 ISO taken at about 4am in the morning :) 

Great image, I've always wanted to try a Milky Way shot. I like how the mill's so sharp as well as the stars.

3 hours ago, cuivenion said:

Great image, I've always wanted to try a Milky Way shot. I like how the mill's so sharp as well as the stars.

I do a lot of deep space and Milky way shooting is a nice change of pace really. Very quick to set up and near instant results, and very easy to do even on entry level cameras. Thanks for your comments

Archived