Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Look what's come to play!

Great stuff Mike - I can't wait to read your views on how the 2 compare :icon_biggrin:

Interesting serial number on that one ! - I seem to recall it being bought direct from Astrofest or something like that ?

31 minutes ago, xtreemchaos said:

wow, the stuff that dreams are made of, your a lucky guy to have two taks. well done, I look forward to your review.  charl.

They're not both mine I'm sad to say. The current custodian of the DL is my now bestest ever friend, paulastro. What a fine fellow he is!

We live about 17 miles apart, so to make a true comparison of the performance between these two scopes will mean they have to be alongside eachother. If clear skies look probable then we'll ensure that that happens.

It's raining at the moment! :clouds2:

Mike

47 minutes ago, John said:

Great stuff Mike - I can't wait to read your views on how the 2 compare :icon_biggrin:

Interesting serial number on that one ! - I seem to recall it being bought direct from Astrofest or something like that ?

Hi John,

Yes, this DL was on sale at astrofest 2016 and is a demo model. As such, I'm expecting it to be a top notch performer. My friend paulastro talked his friend into buying it. His friend though has several much larger apo refractors and has not used the 100DL to its full potential. He has now offered it to my mate Paul.

At the telescopes first light last year, pauls friend exclaimed via email "Thats the best view of Jupiter ive seen in any telescope, regardless of aperture, ever!" My little Taky is trembling, but I've reassured it that its never leaving my side. 

Paul and I are looking forward to getting these two scopes alongside eachother over the coming months to see how different, or how similar they really are. After a great night alongside a superb Vixen FL102, my F7.4 proved itself to be a very worthy opponent. This time of course Its up against a scope with exactly the same glass types and coatings. Its exciting!

Mike

Archived