NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Reflector 150/750 sw case

Hello guys,

Iv'e been looking a lot for a case to my new telescope sky watcher 150/750 and i find it hard to find he right case for it.

I will be glad if some of you who purchase this type of telescope will give me tips or links to stores that sells cases

I had a similar problem a while back. I eventually found a long sports type zip topped kit bag of just the right size. The 150/750 with a wrap of bubblewrap just fits nicely. It's not as good as a hard case but it protects well enough and is easy to carry. It's a bit trial and error and I got the odd funny look walking round shops measuring bags but got one in the end!

My Orion Astroview 6 is a similar scope to your Skywatcher.  I bought a case from amazon.com that is awesome for it.  It is the Plano Model 1819 case and it even has wheels.  It is no Pelican but it gets the job done.  I can get the OTA, tripod, mount, counterweights and more all inside.

https://www.amazon.com/Plano-Molding-1819-XXL-Storage/dp/B000UPGMXY/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1490239661&sr=8-4&keywords=plano+1819

Here is a picture of it with my gear inside.  Keep the original packaging for protection.

Plano 1819 XXL Case2.jpg

Thats  a great bit of kit. Here in the UK its here:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Storage-Home-Organisation/Plano-1819-00-XXL-Trunk-Black/B000UPGMXY/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1490260552&sr=8-1-fkmr0&keywords=Plano+Molding+1819+XXL+Storage+Box

Not the cheapest solution, but considering the extra kit that goes in a very useful one. Looks sturdy enough and would probably be a good long term investment. Even though I have a soft case, I might just put that one on my  "purchase when I've got everything else" list.

2 hours ago, Alfian said:

Thats  a great bit of kit. Here in the UK its here:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Storage-Home-Organisation/Plano-1819-00-XXL-Trunk-Black/B000UPGMXY/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1490260552&sr=8-1-fkmr0&keywords=Plano+Molding+1819+XXL+Storage+Box

Not the cheapest solution, but considering the extra kit that goes in a very useful one. Looks sturdy enough and would probably be a good long term investment. Even though I have a soft case, I might just put that one on my  "purchase when I've got everything else" list.

Agreed, I'm also adding this to my "future bits" list....which is currently growing by the day! 

This is going to be an expensive hobby....especially when I've not really been able to see anything for weeks now! Just a couple of small opportunities unfortunately.

Archived