Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Plate Solving

Hi you all.

I recently began taking large numbers of sub-exposures over several nights. However, I am looking for a simple way to take the images in a way that I can stack them without a lot of variation in the registration process. I have read a lot about plate solving, but frankly the explanation I have read are too technical for me..

. I have CCDSoft and The Sky 6 software. Can someone explain how to use it with these  softwares in simple terms and a step by step like procedure ?

Thanks

Jorman

I use the ASPS in APT all the time it's fantastic.

Targets dead centre of the screen with no input from the idiot standing there.  :icon_biggrin:

Takes a bit of setting up in the first place but a great tool and allows you to return to the targets on different nights.

Gareth 

Great fan of Astrotortilla- the important issue with it though is to get field of view accurate although once you get it working it tells you what settings are working here-once set up I find it quick and reliable- recommend you give it a try -best wishes Tony

Archived