Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

having a go at ha ,this filter any good

iwols

Can you please clarify what you mean by "having a go at Ha"?

Are you thinking of observing the Sun through this filter (which you definitely shouldn't!!) or using it for night time imaging?

I use the Baader 7nm and it is a great filter.

An example of an image I have taken with it is here.  This si not a great one as is out of focus due to me having the incorrect back focus distance at the time.

Another not so great example is here also.  This was slightoly out on focus too and the banding came from teh flats I used in teh calibration stage.  These were banded due to the way I canptured them

Yeah, it is the one I have used for a couple of tries, and it seems to work very well indeed - I think you have seen the bubble and Pacman images I did with them on my webpage. I do need to use it more, but i definitely think it was worth the money - even if I just continue with some mono narrowband for a while.

Archived