NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Warren Keller's PI book...

ollypenrice

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Singlin said:

I photocopied page 247 and use this as a reference for my workflows and on that basis look up each part of the workflow in the index as I get to it.

I watch harry's videos on my tablet at the same time that I am processing on my PC.

I am just waiting for the Penrice video tutorials to come out this year.:icon_biggrin:

"Penrice - PI" does have a certain ring to it, doesn't it? :icon_biggrin:

In agreement with other comments in that it is a great book.
Initially I found it slightly daunting as it has so much content within it but I am finding that I slowly building up my knowledge base.

Due to poor weather I am using the book to go through step by step reworking's of old imaging data. The first couple of attempts have really been used to gain understanding of the interface and have not yielded any significant improvements (due to my lack of skill) 
Though my latest run through is looking more positive.
I am also using the book with Warren Keller's www.IP4AP.com site. I am paying the monthly subscription which works out at around £3.49 a month, about the cost of a pint of beer! You can pay yearly and save some money that way if you like.

This gives you access to a lot of video tutorials which are  worth their weight in gold. Sometimes it is difficult to picture the steps in the book so the videos help a great deal. You can also download 'Warrens' icon processing list which can be used to understand the optimal order in which to process (available to subscribers only)
Along with other great resources on the Internet (Harrys AstroShed and Light Vortex) I am feeling more comfortable with this complex and powerful program.
My New Year resolution was to spend far more time in post processing as this is where my images are suffering the most.

Archived