Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

G&G setup

SteelRat

At last! Just got hold of a little photo pod for my ST80 to sit on. The scope and pod together weigh in at only 5lbs so very grab and go. Not the most stable pod but was only a tenner delivered. Horizontal motion is smooth enough and the 2" focus wheels on the scope make focusing a bit of a doddle anyhoo :hello2:

7621_normal.jpeg

7623_normal.jpeg

7622_normal.jpeg

Now then, some clear stuff please...

Awesome! I love grab & go setups! Like the little seat as well. Small tripods are great for portability, but they can do your back in whilst observing. A little seat like that must cut down on your visits to the chiropractor.

Looks nice, but I remember my experiences with an ST80 on photo tripod with more than a little frustration. The scope will probably 'settle' whenever you adjust the altitude, and the centre of gravity will be quite far towards the back end. Still, I hope it works for you and the views through the scope will be great!

Ant

...A little seat like that must cut down on your visits to the chiropractor.

Mark, I haven't seen the chiro since the spine op last year :lol: just the physio. That lil' foldup seat was just £8 and is the furry top version which comes in handy in winter :hello2:

Had a G&G try-out tonight. Jupiter was nice to see again at flippin last with the two main belts and IEGC all looking just peachy. Had a scan around the triangle, a quick check on the dumbbell and ring nebs which where easy to find and a good look in the MW through Cyg. Turning east I made sure M31 was still there and would have done the same with 81 n 82 but clouds to the north said 'no'.

No real issues with weight at the back end Ant but I've got it pretty light (but yup, when a Talx3 was added to the mix I did need to aim underneath and let the barlow do the rest :lol: ) o'course the handy way the pod's lock handle moves the aim slightly at the tight end of the twist means it can be used as a sort of up/down slowmo control. With the side to side unlocked almost completely it tracks in 'nudge mode' like the dob.

Not properly clear up there but had fun tonight folks :clouds1:

• 2 years later...

Archived