NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

HELP please!!

Hi guys.

I just discovered something with my Canon 700d.

Tuesday was my first ever success @ DSO imaging and I noticed something in my long exposure shots.

I didn't know what it was, I thought that maybe my CLS clip in filter was dirty or maybe there's something on my primary mirror.

It came up to my head about 15 min ago to take a 5 min exposure in absolute darkness to see if I get the same thing on the shot. Here is the result.

Untitled1.JPG

The camera has been modified from brand new (not by me) and I haven't done anything to it.

If someone has some knowledge of what can this be please help me. If something went wrong during the modification process I need to send it back.

Here's 2 of the subs (altered with so I can accentuate the problem) taken by me on Tuesday.

Untitled4.JPG

Untitled2.JPG

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

'Amp Glow'  ?

Whatever possibly heat from circuit board or battery ?  are you using standard battery or powered via a cable is possible.  If this is the cause then you have to learn about dark's an things. As above live view creates heat as well.

7 minutes ago, ecuador said:

Isn't this the wrong side though?

You'll probably find it's not! The glow you have seems to have some texture - I'm wondering if there's an led on somewhere. It's been discussed on CN and I think an led might have been the culprit: http://www.cloudynights.com/topic/537623-canon-t5i-700d-amp-glow/

I think the AMP glow is coming from the red LED that stays on during the exposures. I covered it with some electrical tape.

I'm taking another 5 min shot at 12800 ISO with the camera cap on, viewfinder covered and LCD off in a moderate dark environment (just like outside in my back garden)

I'll post the result in a few min.

10 minutes ago, Thalestris24 said:

You'll probably find it's not! The glow you have seems to have some texture - I'm wondering if there's an led on somewhere. It's been discussed on CN and I think an led might have been the culprit: http://www.cloudynights.com/topic/537623-canon-t5i-700d-amp-glow/

Thanks for that Louise.

Emil.

Just now, Thalestris24 said:

I'm not certain but there may be a setting which switches the led off

I'll have to check it out. In the mean time I think it's time for me to shoot off to bed, and keep the tape on the LED, got work tomorrow :smile:

I have one more question. 

Should the flat frames be white? When I'm taking mine they turn out a really light blue. I used the white t-shirt method and a really bright white LED light, actually 2, to see the difference, and in both circumstances they are blue? Does it make any difference? 

24 minutes ago, emyliano2000 said:

No, they're  not too bright.

Thanks again Louise ?.

They don't want to be to dark either.

I set my camera to AV put my scope up against my laptop with notepad selected and adjust F-ratio till the histogram is at 50%, this is optimal.

Archived