So i got this for christmas...

i got the nifty fifty for christmas and hurried outside to see an almost perfect clear sky in Oslo. I set the camera to 8sec exposure, f/2.5 and iso 800. I then took a couple of shots on cassiopeia, andromeda, triangulum, pleiades and orion. Pleiades and orion was a waste to process. because it was too low in the sky, the light-pollution was too noticeable in the picture. Another thing i found out with the lens was that you can't set it to f/1.8. In pictures, the brightest stars get blue/purple. so for example in my shot of orion and pleiades, the stars was too purple/blue.

After seeing the result of the pictures, i am really excited to use the lens even more in the future at a dark sky.

Andromeda galaxy 50mm wide-field.jpg
Andromeda+Triangulum galaxy 50mm wide-field.jpg
Cassiopeia 50mm wide-field.jpg

Clear skies!!

Victor Boesen

50 minutes ago, StargeezerTim said:

If it is the Canon lens you have, I got one myself a month or so ago and it is a very nice lens

It's the Nikon version, but i think they give the same result. (Same specs). I really like it, just like many others in this forum. (Just like you)

Archived