Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Pelican in L HOS

andyo

This is the pelican in Ha O111 and S11 with an artificial luminance added. Had many issues to sort out recently with equipment and some captures of late have not been worth posting. Have not got a lot of experiance with narrowband only done a few captures but after several attempts at processing this, I think I may eventually have something worth posting.Thanks for looking

13x 600secs in Ha O111 and S11

pelican L_HOS 2016.jpg

It is certainly a funky colour scheme Andy :)

Loads of data there to play with by the look of it, as usual the bulk of the detail is in the Ha range. you can go over and over and over on these images trying to get them 'just right', but in the end you need to settle on what looks good to you and reveals your personal impression of the area of sky in question.

A tool I find very useful with narrowband images is Registar. You can very easily and quickly assign each filter to a colour, in any order, and from there test the appearance of each variation. You can also merge channels before assigning to a colour, and sometimes a slice of Ha mixed with the Sii data can help to allay the noise you usually get in the Sii results.

Keep up the good work, looking forward to your next one :)

Tim

4 minutes ago, Tim said:

A tool I find very useful with narrowband images is Registar. You can very easily and quickly assign each filter to a colour, in any order, and from there test the appearance of each variation. You can also merge channels before assigning to a colour, and sometimes a slice of Ha mixed with the Sii data can help to allay the noise you usually get in the Sii results

Hi Tim

thanks for the help I have seen a similar script in PI under multichannel synthesis called sho-aip not really played around with it but will do soon.

Yes, you apparently got really nice data to play with. Congratulations!

I notice in your image, like in others I have seen, that the stars look more gray than white. Maybe some experienced NB imager knows why and how to easily fix it.

Thanks for the comments guys

6 hours ago, gorann said:

I notice in your image, like in others I have seen, that the stars look more gray than white. Maybe some experienced NB imager knows why and how to easily fix it

I can answer this for you, as the stars on the colour combined image looked terrible big green halos and the stars themselves where green I used a star mask and then pasted the stars from a luminance image on to it, the grey being some of the nebulosity from the luminance image showing through the mask.

1 hour ago, MARS1960 said:

Those gray stars (if you zoom in) look like erosion operator was used but no dilation operator, but thats my very humble opinion from a newbie to PI

When I reduced star size I did use the erosion operator as Harry Page tutorial I did not realise you could use both erosion and dilation for this task

Archived