SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Tadpole with Tonemapping - all starting to look the same, hu?

graemlourens

Hi Everybody.

Over the holidays i have finally had the time to process data that needed attention.

Just finished the tadpoles (after processing IC1848 earlier today, separate thread available) and its starting all to look a little the same don't you think? I'm actually missing doing a little bit of bi-color again or pure (L)RGB (but will wait for that when upgrading my Obsy Scope). I think i'll now stop tone mapping for a while and experiment in other fields. I've got a few multi-year HA mosaics up my sleeve :)

Still, would appreciate your feedback. Not as happy as with my IC1848 i posted earlier. It seems this one is largely fainter, and separating nebula from background was harder. Also there seem to be many more stars around this target making everyting a little more of a challenge!

Critics & also kind words welcome!

IC410 Tadpole Nebula

Kind regards, Graem

It is a nice image Graem, very delicate and ethereal looking. Everyone has their own take on image processing and narrowband especially lends itself to personality stamping. That can only be good, who wants to look at 100 images of something all realised in the same way!

I haven't done IC410 for a while, but found it fairly rich in dynamic range but on a limited scale. The tadpoles themselves have loads to offer, and sections of the surrounding, while the rest was airy fairy and wishy washy. Your image demonstrates this nicely :)

Does it need spicing up a little to give it more firepower? Only you can decide :D

Tim

3 minutes ago, Tim said:

It is a nice image Graem, very delicate and ethereal looking. Everyone has their own take on image processing and narrowband especially lends itself to personality stamping. That can only be good, who wants to look at 100 images of something all realised in the same way!

I haven't done IC410 for a while, but found it fairly rich in dynamic range but on a limited scale. The tadpoles themselves have loads to offer, and sections of the surrounding, while the rest was airy fairy and wishy washy. Your image demonstrates this nicely :)

Does it need spicing up a little to give it more firepower? Only you can decide :D

Tim

Thank you Tim for your positive words!

Indeed i had to use few HDR adaptations to get the core slightly down. As my style is mostly described as 'smoky' i tend to distance myself from too sharp & contrasty processing. I would have like the data to be more crisp, but i would have to add more HA to it. Even if noise levels are very low, i suspect i didn't have the best frames (high clouds etc). But as this was a 'side target' it will have to suffer towards the greater vision of large HA mosaics.

Kind regards, Graem

13 hours ago, PatrickGilliland said:

You have found a nice balance there Gream, again subtle but with detail.  If you have a 'style' stick with it, as stated above seeing slightly different takes (although this is well within the bounds of typical) is good.  I like and would not worry about any changes to that image.

Paddy

Thank you Paddy! I guess i just need a break of SHO narrowband as i'm fed up with the colours :)

Maybe i experiment with another combination method with new pictures or just stay mono for a wile with my crazy mosaic endeavours.

Kind regards, Graem

I don't think there's anything wrong with developing a style that is uniquely yours, so that when people look at an image they can say 'That's Graemes' ......... You've got great data and excellent processing skills - Stick with it I say, you are doing good stuff :)

3 hours ago, swag72 said:

I don't think there's anything wrong with developing a style that is uniquely yours, so that when people look at an image they can say 'That's Graemes' ......... You've got great data and excellent processing skills - Stick with it I say, you are doing good stuff :)

Thank you Sara for cheering me up :)

Kind regards, Graem

3 minutes ago, Maximidius said:

I ain't much cop at this game, but I'll tell you one thing - When Tim said ethereal he wasn't wrong and i completely agree ... Beautiful image !!!

Greatly appreciated! I wasn't expecting such great feedback, very nice surprise!

Archived