Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M45 LRGB

ChrisLX200

Should be listed as an LR_B really because, although I captured a Green channel it had gradients which really messed up the colours so I didn't use it in the end :)  This was just something to shoot while waiting for the Jellyfish neb to rise high enough, I had not imaged M45 with this camera before so thought I'd try it. 8 x 600sec per channel RGB and 10 x 600 Lum.

M45%20LR_B_zpsnaxxfty1.jpg

http://s970.photobucket.com/user/ChrisLX200/media/Astro - Images G4-16000/M45 LR_B_zpsnaxxfty1.jpg.html

Awe, you must give the green another go! This is a great result but does lack that full three dimensionalty of colour. Your stars are deliciously tight, which really matters on these widefields, and you have the Extended Red Emission nicely.

Olly

I think I'm having a rather bad time with colours recently, what with this and NB data on the Jellyfish using PI's SHO script turning out any colour except what I want... I think I'll take up herding cats as a hobby instead - got to be easier than this :)

ChrisH

On 06/12/2016 at 21:00, ollypenrice said:

Awe, you must give the green another go! This is a great result but does lack that full three dimensionalty of colour. Your stars are deliciously tight, which really matters on these widefields, and you have the Extended Red Emission nicely.

Olly

It's nice to see you tackling some LRGB Chris.  Like Olly you have the basis of a great M45 here . . . just need to wait an age for a cloudless moonless sky :happy7:.

In PI for SHO NB data, I only ever use PixelMath to get the basic channel combination and have found it treats the data more evenly given the inevitable variability in quality between the channels.

Archived