Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Yesterday with my other mount the Virtuoso tracking went a bit aray so only managed 6 seconds.

Canon 1100d 50mm vintage lens f2.8 iso 800 baader Neodymium filter

50 x 6 seconds, flats and bias Stacked in DDS processed in StarTools.

Tonight I attempted the same area but using my manaual barn door tracker. Tomorrow I will stack just 10 images to compare time between the two. the area is almost the same I have a hot shoe red dot finder from astroboot ordered. deneb is just out of sight at the bottom.

69 x 30 seconds, flats and bias stacked in DSS processed in StarTools.

i wiill need to reprocess the barn door image I realised I did not bin it the same % in StarTools. I migth even register again in DSS to see how many of the 69 were actially used.

Deneb v2.png

v1.png

Thank you, I think it should be in the bottom one too.

More is less, in this case less tight. I'm going to restack the barndoor subs and be ruthless with any trailing as my stars have bloated from I'm guessing kappa signal stacking to round them.

Have reprocessed the barndoor stack, bottom image from first post, and only used images from a score of 15,000 upwards. This is a bin 35% as per the 6 second stack and heavily cropped to remove the gradient artifact mess of the hedge also captured.

Autosave002.png

NA nebula is an object where astromodding makes a huge difference iirc (I've not astromodded my DSLR because I also use it as a day camera!)

Great shots, especially considering it was done with a self made barn door tracker. I used to use a self made tracker but didnt get shots as nice as that :)

Archived