NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

IC405 - the Flaming Star Nebula - WIP

Gina

This is my first go at this nebula.  Found it when looking for something else :D

Equipment - 135mm f2.5 Asahi Super Takumar lens (ex SLR film camera), Astrodon 3nm Ha filter in ZWO EFW mini attached to ASI1600MM-Cool camera, mounted on EQ8 , unguided.

This is 259 60s subs with a gain of 600 (the maximum) and sensor temperature of -30C (set point).  Calibrated with matching bias, dark and flat frames in the PixInsight BPP script.  Then simply saved in PNG format with no post processing.

IC405 Ha 159 60s g600 -30C.png

Thanks everyone :)  I took a reasonable crop of OIII images last night but I think it wants some more as it's not a patch on the Ha.  Altogether, after rejecting poor and duff shots I ended up with 186 60s subs.  Looks like tomorrow night might be clear and if so I'll take some more OIII subs.

Here is the pre-processed only result calibrated with matching bias, dark and flat frames.

IC405 OIII 60s g600 -30C 186.png

Archived