Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Can't get focus while using a CLS nebula filter

Taff

Hi' i am looking for some advice while using a CLS nebular with my camera and my 8''F5 reflector i just can't get any focus while looking through the camera.But at prime focus' and afocal while using a 20mm EP with the nebula filter i can get focus through the camera.Can some one help me out i have tried a camera adapter but with no luck Thanks.Mark

My camera is a canon 500D' when i connect my camera to the scope with a T2 thread at prime focus the camera works fine.But when i a filter to the camera with any camera adaptors and try to focus nothing will focus right.The only way i can get focus with any filter is by going afocal with a 20mm eye piece.What i am looking for is for a adaptor from the camera to the scope which i can fit a filter to for captures of the night sky.

My camera is a canon 500D' when i connect my camera to the scope with a T2 thread at prime focus the camera works fine.But when i a filter to the camera with any camera adaptors and try to focus nothing will focus right.The only way i can get focus with any filter is by going afocal with a 20mm eye piece.What i am looking for is for a adaptor from the camera to the scope which i can fit a filter to for captures of the night sky.

filter 022.jpg

filter 023.jpg

Hi

Your filter adapter is obviously moving the camera, and hence the sensor, too far back. I think the only easy way round this is to use a clip filter. Or, you probably really need a coma corrector and you may be able to fit a 2" filter to the front of a cc. Both cost quite a bit though...

Louise

Archived