In and out...The Eclipse

NickH

Still have a few more "in the middle" shots to process up, but here's the intro and outro... don't know yet if I have enough to animate it...probably not

SV50 at F7.5

(slightly different settings on the SV50 tuning to keep the filaments in view, to compensate for the camera tweaks and clouds)

7482_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Ant

Some of that was my fault, I changed the tuning position on the etalon lots of times to get the proms and surface details to show up more..so I guess things that maybe were not clear in one, stood out more in the other positions

Just got these salvaged from the wreck of clouds, a lot less stacking (less than 200 frames on one of em..due to the clouds), but hey ho...

Again, differences in tuning by me probably account for the slight variations in filaments.

HUUUUUGE amount of work to get one of these looking half decent..

I have two more which could be salvaged I think, giving a total of 6 panes, which is still not quite enough for a decent animation (I looked with raw screen caps), but these last ones took hours to do..

7535_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

In hindsite I may have been a bit over eager on the contrast enhancements of the filaments. I have used lots of layer masking, inverse maskign etc to bring out as much surface detail as possible, and probably have adjusted too far in some...

But they are pleasing on the eye...and the data is all there, if faint... but thanks for the kind comments.

Archived