Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Jupiter - ED80 gets GRS and transit shadow

mightymonoped

These are just a couple of quickies from earlier..too tired to do the rest right now...

I know the big one is kind of ridiculous but i wanted to see if stacking the barlows would produce a reasonable image (as it didn't last night).

Little one is ED80 with TAL 3x Barlow

Big one is ED80 with TAL 3x and Televue 2x stacked

Tony

post-12982-133877344405_thumb.jpg

post-12982-133877344407_thumb.jpg

Thanks all!

Both images were captured using a reduced frame size of 352 x 288 in QCFocus.

I captured about 1000 frames at 15 fps the aligned at 90% giving me around 700/1000 frames to play with.

Nothing special in processing just a little Levels, de-emphasize the blue channel and a bit of noise reduction.

The mount used was a bog-standard driven EQ5 (although I did strip it down and regrease it about a year ago).

Here's another image from last night.. two image composite pretty much the same as the other two in processing only this time with a full frame at 10 fps.

Tony

post-12982-133877344411_thumb.jpg

I think those are brilliant shots of the transit. I agree with L48,the second is especially good in my view also....... as the master Barlow stacker he should know. :D

I've taken a copy and will,I'm sure,have a lot of fun nosing around what looks like a very detailed image. :D

Thanks

CW

Picked up a new Mac and have installed CS3 so thought I'd see how it works on your image MM. :D

Think I might have to practice a bit to get up to speed with the new software but anyway this is a first try at an enlarged,sharpened and saturated view. I think that Io might be visible to the left of the shadow . :? Even if it isn't there sure is a lot of detail to be seen at increased resolution.

Cheers

CW

Click as usual.

Another unbelievably great shot Tony.

I am so impressed for an 80mm.

One of the magazines had a competition for scopes

less that 100mm you should have applied. :D

Ed

...Garrr! (to qoute the legendary Steve the Pirate)

Another missed competition, the story of my life :-)

Tony

Another unbelievably great shot Tony.

I am so impressed for an 80mm.

One of the magazines had a competition for scopes

less that 100mm you should have applied. :D

Ed

...Garrr! (to qoute the legendary Steve the Pirate)

Another missed competition, the story of my life :-)

Tony

.....And Two DMKs were up for grabs as the first prize...

Erm that doesn't help does it....

Ed

Picked up a new Mac and have installed CS3 so thought I'd see how it works on your image MM. :D

Think I might have to practice a bit to get up to speed with the new software but anyway this is a first try at an enlarged,sharpened and saturated view. I think that Io might be visible to the left of the shadow . :? Even if it isn't there sure is a lot of detail to be seen at increased resolution.

Cheers

CW

Click as usual.

I'd like to think so CW, but I suspect it's an artefact given the fps rate I was running :-(

CS3 looks good though?

Tony

Archived