Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Good Bye

narrowbandpaul

Due, mostly to me, I feel it wise to stop corresponding on this forum. If I caused anyone offence, then genuinely I am sorry. I was only offering my opinion, or trying to help.

Good Luck to everyone in the forum with your future endeavours

I hope to see many of you at kielder. I am quite friendly in person, but perhaps I havent given that impression.

Would the powers that be please stop my account, I am unsure of how to do it

Best Wishes

Paul

To be honest, i put this down to being over enthusiastic Paul. I have been guilty of this myself and noticed it when I've read back a couple of days later (When sober) :D

Just calm down a little because one thing you can absolutely guarantee, and that's someone on SGL has been and bought the tea shirt long before you, if you get my meaning.

You have shared some great images and it would be a shame to lose you.

Best of luck what ever you decide.

Jeff.

Paul,

Your enthusiasm is great and you have a lot to offer so please don't stop using SGL. I would like to think you've got lots more pictures to post and interesting things to discuss. Just remember to think of who is going to read your posts- and remember who owns the initial post. SGL is a great forum so please stay with us.

Sam

Hey Paul

It's good to see that you have changed your mind (I don't know your reason for wanting to leave).

It's not a common occurrence for people wanting to leave SGL.

I have read a few posts from you but some of them are way too technical for me to understand. But that is SGL, the forum has a wide and varied mix of people all at different levels of ability and astronomical interests.

Paul

• 2 weeks later...

Paul

One of the biggest issues with this forum is like any other. The issue of being able to offer onces opinion without causing offense.

Emotions are tough to express, and depending on how people read your well meaning thread wil depend on whether they read it in the good humor that its meant or as a dig.

Now i have not read any of your threads, but i have been there myself. I am suprised i have not been barred from here.

I am a cocky londoner, now living in northampton, with one thing in common with all here. A life long love of astronomy.

If you also have this as i am sure you do, then lets chill, take a beer, and see u at kelling maybe

Stay on mate. Keep to it

None of us are angels, even if we do strive to try

Hey paul don`t be a plonker and quit, i don`t know what you said, but i`ve said a load of Rubbish that`s offensive on here, some i meant some i didn`t but the point is like what other members have said you are a valid member. more than what i am and i`m still here. :hello2: Plus words can get worded/read wrong.

hey Paul great decision to stay on mate. I'm sure there is not one single person on this forum who at some time has not said or written something that has been taken the wrong way by others just accept the fact that we are all just a little mad and a little different from each other but one thing above all else is that at the end of the day we are all friends with a totally consuming passion for that big starry sky above well that is when we can actually see it take care best wishes Pete

Archived