how inconsiderent can thay be "updated"

2 hours ago, ChrisLX200 said:

Even less funny when you get one of those at 28 mins through a 30 mins NB sub...  I keep thinking I would like a flip-cover I could activate, the few seconds loss of signal wouldn't be a problem.

ChrisH

Well to be honest, you really take the risk on November the 5th, at least there are another 364 days when this should not be a problem :)

I waited till about midnight last night before imaging.... and there were still some fireworks going off... as there will be from now until New Year no doubt :)

I believe this is what's referred to as a first world problem.

Nice set of quirky images though Charl.

A Kappa-Sigma clip when stacking should zap any airplanes (just don't tell the aviation authority). I don't check my subs for satellite trails, meteors, planes or small transient cloud, I just rely on the DSS FWHM and star counts to decide what subs to drop. It seems to do the trick, I don't have problems with artifacts.

12 hours ago, xtreemchaos said:

are you talking about you own work Paul M ? :icon_biggrin: when are you going to start... charl.

I was going to post one of my nice aeroplane pictures, but I don't have any ! :)

Oh, you mean astrophotography? 

I'll leave that to you guys.. :)

Archived