NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Animation of HA action around 2602

Iainp

Thanks all. 

1 minute ago, cshahar said:

the uneven brightness between frames.

Yes it's a pain isn't it?  There's a GIMP plugin which is supposed to normalise all frames but it doesn't seem to make much difference.  I've come to the conclusion that I shouldn't do animations when there's thin cloud around like this, but like an addict I keep going back on the promises! 

Iain. Why not deal with each frame individually? Photoshop gives the average brightness reading for each frame. But if you don't have that software, why not choose a master frame and do side by side adjustments of brightness for all the other frames to at least approach the master and therefore achieve uniformity?

-Charles

On 18/10/2016 at 16:15, cshahar said:

Why not deal with each frame individually?

Hi Charles, yes, that helps but the problem I have is that the thin cloud affect the contrast, so some frames are more of a uniform grey and the others cover more of the tonal range from black to white so even after normalising the frames they still look quite different. Also it does take a lot of time and effort. I'm impressed you have the patience for individual frame adjustment! 

Iain 

Hi Iain. I can totally relate with that sentiment. I actually attempt to adjust the contrast individually as well. The good thing about animations is that the differences are less apparent as the frames flash through. But it does take a lot of work. I will only do it if I think it is really worth such an effort. that's a good 3-4 hour worth of post-processing right there.

-Charles

Archived