Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Merope

ampleamp

Attached is an RGB version of Merope taken at 1200mm over two evenings early last week. Frames are R - 9x15mins, G - 8x15 mins and B - 10x15 mins. I rejected a few subs from each channel due to cloud.

Seeing it on this monitor i wonder if i have over done the saturation but that might be personal taste.

All cc gratefully received, thanks for looking

RGB_final.jpg

Agree with Paddy...though it might be within a couple of tenths of a Percentage point!  Stars look very good for such long exposures--what scope did you use?  I know in my system, even though I have a refractor, which is not supposed to present refraction spikes, I get similar features (though in miniature) due to microlensing of the CCD camera.  You stars are perfectly round with no hint of features.

Thanks for the positive comments guys, i was very happy seeing the subs come through despite the high cloud conditions. On a rainy night i may go back to it and dial the saturation back a tad, and maybe get a monitor calibration thingy?

Rodd, I used a TMB152 into a QSI683 for this image. Lovely scope and for me, one for a very long time.

Archived