Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Phd resistswitch guilde algorithms ??

solarboy

Typically guiding DEC corrections will be in the same direction as PA is not usually perfect. Resist switch therefore will ignore one off requirements for a guide pulse in the opposite direction, resisting the need to switch direction and therefore avoiding getting into issues with backlash.

Not sure what you mean by "does anyone know the settings"

2 hours ago, Freddie said:

Typically guiding DEC corrections will be in the same direction as PA is not usually perfect. Resist switch therefore will ignore one off requirements for a guide pulse in the opposite direction, resisting the need to switch direction and therefore avoiding getting into issues with backlash.

That has answered one of my abiding worries about autoguiding, thanks.

When you click the "Brain" icon, then go to the Algorithms, under the Declination settings lives the ResistSwitch Guide Algorithm.

Mine currently are:

Aggressiveness - 20,  Minimum Move (Pixels) 0.22,  Check mark - Fast Switch for large deflections.

Further, No backlash comp. And currently Max Dec duration - 2500. Dec guide mode - Auto

However, I believe this has everything to do with a mirad of other settings coming into play. Your guide scope and camera being of prime influence.

Maybe you could benefit by watching these YouTube videos? They helped me get going.

PHD2 Video 1 , PHD2 Video 2, PHD2 Drift Alignment (I've never needed to do a drift alignment)

Hope that helps

Archived