Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Nebula and Cluster with GPCAM

cuivenion

Finally got some clear nights where I'm not working, M42 and m38 taken on 6th of October with a GPCAM V1 and 130p F5 newtonian:

M42.png

M42 312 seconds of 8 second exposures.

M38.png

M38 3 minutes of 15 second exposures.

Top to bottom, M35 420 seconds of 1 minute exposures, M44 330 seconds of 1 minute exposures, and M81/M83 360 seconds of 1 minute exposures. These where taken October the 2nd with a GPCAM and a 135mm Chinon lens at F8. Comments welcome as always:

M35.png

M44.png

M81 M82.png

2 hours ago, Chris Lock said:

They're really great, very impressed with the GPcam v1. Can't see any amp glow unless you processed it out?

Thanks guys, there was no post processing, those images are what was on the screen. Sharpcap allows you to use a dark frame and make histogram adjustments while stacking. That helped a lot with the amp glow.

• 5 weeks later...
On ‎07‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 21:22, cuivenion said:

Finally got some clear nights where I'm not working, M42 and m38 taken on 6th of October with a GPCAM V1 and 130p F5 newtonian:

M42.png

M42 312 seconds of 8 second exposures.

M38.png

M38 3 minutes of 15 second exposures.

Top to bottom, M35 420 seconds of 1 minute exposures, M44 330 seconds of 1 minute exposures, and M81/M83 360 seconds of 1 minute exposures. These where taken October the 2nd with a GPCAM and a 135mm Chinon lens at F8. Comments welcome as always:

M35.png

M44.png

M81 M82.png

hi may I ask what settings you use for the gpcam?  Also have a 130p f5  on heritage  mini dob with goto and 200p on eq5 with astroeq and the gpcam but as of yet have had no luck in even seeing a single star via the cam.  can get it working in daylight but no luck at night yet so its obv settings I'm getting wrong, so any guidance would be great.

Hi, if you're having trouble getting a star on the chip I would try making sure your finder is aligned with the scope properly. When finding a star to get the correct focus I usually have the gain at max and the exposure at about 350ms, and I aim at an easy to find bright star. 

Once I've found the star and got a rough focus, I lower the gain and exposure so I can fine tune the focus.

Different targets need different settings and I'm still experimenting myself. The Orion Nebula had max gain, the clusters where much lower as the stars saturate very quickly with the GPCAM.

Archived