Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Atik Infinity M31.

Astrith

After buying a new laptop and resetting all the software Eqmod Ascom and so forth , I managed to get up and running again . My other half has bought me pixinsight so Ime experimenting with that also . Managed to image M 31 , with the Infinity camera. I am well pleased with the camera. Using the Skywatcher 150P and NEQ6 mount.

M_31_clone learning 2.png

14 minutes ago, Chris Lock said:

Glad you're pleased with the camera, what exposures did you use for M31?

10 x 20 second exposures . It works hard at bringing the detail out . The last image caused my laptop to cardiac arrest !!  New laptop rigged up .....Alan.

13 minutes ago, Astrith said:

10 x 20 second exposures . It works hard at bringing the detail out . The last image caused my laptop to cardiac arrest !!  New laptop rigged up .....Alan.

Really impressive for just 10x20sec ! My condolences for your old lappy, imaging seems to have a special ability to drain bank accounts doesn't it ;) 

1 hour ago, Chris Lock said:

Really impressive for just 10x20sec ! My condolences for your old lappy, imaging seems to have a special ability to drain bank accounts doesn't it ;) 

Thats a certainty !!

On 06/10/2016 at 16:24, Astrith said:

Using the Skywatcher 150P NEQ6 mount.

10 x 20 second exposures .

As the others have said, very good, very interesting to see what a 150P can do with such short exposures. Just to confirm -( for my Xmas wish list :) )- this is your Discovery 150P OTA dismounted and put on your NEQ6 ? Were you able to reach prime focus without troubles ?  I have read elsewhere that DSLRs need mods to the focus tube/rack to get there, but I guess the back focus with the Infinity (-and Lodestar- ? ) are better / not such a prob ?? , thanks.

25 minutes ago, SilverAstro said:

As the others have said, very good, very interesting to see what a 150P can do with such short exposures. Just to confirm -( for my Xmas wish list :) )- this is your Discovery 150P OTA dismounted and put on your NEQ6 ? Were you able to reach prime focus without troubles ?  I have read elsewhere that DSLRs need mods to the focus tube/rack to get there, but I guess the back focus with the Infinity (-and Lodestar- ? ) are better / not such a prob ?? , thanks.

Hello Silver Astro

Yes the  Discovery 150P was dismounted and put on the NEQ6 . The infinity just screws onto the focuser barrel thread .... and room also to play with focusing . The Lodestar as you know just slides into the focus tube .  I have marked on the body of the Lodestar how far I need to insert into the focus tube. Again there is plenty of play for focus. Hope this helps....Alan

3 minutes ago, Astrith said:

The infinity just screws onto the focuser barrel thread .... and room also to play with focusing . The Lodestar as you know just slides into the focus tube .  I have marked on the body of the Lodestar how far I need to insert into the focus tube. Again there is plenty of play for focus. Hope this helps....Alan

Thanks for the info, all good stuff, because I dont have an emporium close by so not seen one ! , so didnt know that there was a thread on the focuser barrel even,,,  the literature says there is a T thread on the barlow, but that is as far as I understood ! or that my braincell assimilated :)

Good idea about the Lodestar

Now all I need to do is decide :), so many choices :D

Archived