NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

First proper night out since Feb 26th - NGC6888 H-Alpha

NickH

I kid you not...that's how long since a decent clear night here, with no wind, not bad seeing, and me not in work the next morning.. lousy lousy weather this year.

Anyway, this is also the first proper light for the Atik 314L I have on loan. It's an ICX285 chip again, and as with the ART285/Atik 16HR does really well in H-Alpha. Bright moon was washing out most of the sky.

13nm Astronomik H-A filter

Atik 314L binned 1x1

10 x 10 minute subs in Art Capture

EQ6 mount, autoguided by DSI-C using PHD guide

Post processing in CS2 using Noels Actions

No darks...no flats (too knackered)

Hope for a clear, moon less night to add some more narrowband/colour data

Be gentle...not been out in ages with the deep sky "twins" (aka the ED80 and ST102)

7229_normal.png

(click to enlarge)

Another stunning image Nick. I bought a 314L about two months ago, only used a handful of times but I've been impressed with what I have seen myself so far, your image just confirms how good a camera they are.

Steve..

really nice image,

i feel like i have not been out since then either but i know that it is in fact only march that i last went out so i could be getting greedy :whip2:

i look forward to your next few sub to add the colour

That's Great Nick. Nice to hear that things are beginning to liven up again. There's been one hell of a drought as far as images go, so I expect all the big guns to start a barrage before long.

And I really hope I haven't put the tin hat on things by mentioning it. :shocked:

All I'm hoping for is some scope training time, and some practice imaging.

Ron. :lol:

Archived