Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

VERY small Windfall to spend

I've awindfall of £600 to spend on more gear 

??????

Mount - way over this budget, unless there's an upgrade I can get for the CGEM -DX, although with the light weight kit I have probably not necessary anyway.

Lenses - am imager not observer

Camera - use DLSR (Canon 700d or 70D), toupek mono for guide cam, also have the colour but not tried for imaging yet, a QHY6. It's no where near enough for a decent cooled CCD

OTAs - have 200P-DS, C8 CLT, Star traveler 80 for guiding

other: Crawford for the C8, manual filter wheel, basic RGB filters, star watcher focus motors to fit to ST80 & newt

so, what do I do with this?

Mod the 700D? USB filter wheel? 

Software?

take SHMBO to dinner as it's just not enough  for this hobby?

6 hours ago, Tiny Small said:

That's almost all the way to an ASI178MM-Cool. Perfect match image scale wise to your 80 mm scope. Waaaay more sensitive than a DSLR and has set point cooling.

true - however, the 80mm is my guide scope, the optics of the Star Traveler aren't up to that much :( Waiting for the lottery win to get a decent ED 

8 hours ago, geordie85 said:

You could always buy an Astro modded DSLR from one of the many dealers out there and keep your 700d for regular photography 

I have a 70d as well, hence suggesting modding rather than buying - a mod can be done for £75, and add  + £60 for bader filter.

3 hours ago, iapa said:

I have a 70d as well, hence suggesting modding rather than buying - a mod can be done for £75, and add  + £60 for bader filter.

In that case you could get the mod done then save the rest, add to it and go with tiny small's suggestion 

57 minutes ago, Astro Imp said:

As you seem undecided I could easily spend that for you and save you the worry :icon_biggrin:

Thanks - I really appreciate that offer, and if I am unable to resolve this, you can be sure that I will take you up on that.

LOL 

Archived