Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hey

narrowbandpaul

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heh Paul, didn't know you was a newbie too, but Welcome anyway. At least you have a good set up with the Orion, something that appealed to me too, but toooooooooo! much compared to the same aperture Sky-Watcher 200P.

I could have had the Orion 8" scope, without the mount for the money I had to spend, but whats the use of a scope, with no mount. Good luck with your imaging,something that is a bit beyond me at the moment.

Geoff

Geoff

I am a newbie to the forum but have been obsessed with astrophotography for a year now. Before that I was an observer.

I genuinely thought orion was in your range, sorry i pushed it on you.

The skywatcher should work wonder, and you'll see alot.

If u ever want help with the imaging, just give us a shout, I'll be happy to help

Best Wishes

Paul

Thank you Paul. I think I will take one step at a time for now. I will have plenty to keep me occupied, just finding my way around the constellations. First I need to get my GoTo set up correctly, once I have received the car fag lighter socket from Maplins. I will be using a nice compact 12 volt 17 amp hour gel cel battery, which I used in one of my model warships.

In fact I have just put it on charge, which usually takes 24 hours. It has not been used for over twelve months, so will need charging to full. Once charged, the battery should power the scope for at least a few weeks, before it needs recharging, depending on how much I use it for each observing session.

Geoff

Archived