Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Harvest Moon

orion25

Behold, the fabled Harvest Moon, the full moon in September, offering light to farmers harvesting their crops well into the evening, rising only about a half-hour later each successive night. The night was clear and still, crickets singing boldly in the background. Shadows were easily cast by the brilliance of the rising orb of light. Looking over my grassy backyard observatory as it was brightly lit, I could imagine a time in which the Harvest Moon was greatly appreciated by ancient agricultural peoples who toiled into the night to complete the harvest. My harvest, however, was that of photons with my handycam, and what photons they were! I added a music soundtrack of an original composition with a working title of "Cosmic Sandman". It seemed to fit the occasion. Enjoy! :hello:

5 hours ago, xtreemchaos said:

great moon rise Reggie, nice sound track, reminds me of mike oldfield work in the late 70s early 80s. thanks ,charl.

Thanks, Charl. I love Mike Oldfield. His "Tubular Bells" is a classic. I guess we were both harvesting photons last eve, lol.

Archived