Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Cygnus NGC6910 Cluster and Dumbbell Nebula

N3ptune

Hi everyone,

I did these sketches last night I wish to share, it was another enriching experience with no moon. (: Both sketch were done with the Celestron Xcel LX 18mm/ 55x on 203x1000 Newtonian reflector.

So this is the small cluster NGC 6910, just over Cygnus Sadr, the central star. I like that cluster very much because of the small dim star triangle shape at the middle. On the drawing they are a little bit too strong compare to the reality.

bRTk3NJ.jpg?1

And the great Dumbbell Nebula (Using the OIII filter) really strong nebulosity. It's always motivating to look at the Dumbbell, this is my first sketch of it.

cK4Txyj.jpg?1

Lots of fun again in this 4 hours observation, thanks for watching :happy10:

Note: I had to correct some stars disks with gimp

• 1 month later...
On 2016-09-04 at 13:51, Jose Rodrigues said:

Nice sketches!
They could look better with a darker scan ;)

Best regards

I agree with you but there is a problem in the chain somewhere, maybe it's me that puts too much brightness in gimp but it seems the Image server is adding brightness too. And I am scanning using a camera, which is quite bad.  So yes there is a problem that needs to be addressed . lol

--> To have a scanner again, would solve many problems.

@todd8137

Totally the same situation here (Quebec Canada), but tonight seems promising for the first time in close to 20 days in a row.. that's incredible.

4 hours ago, N3ptune said:

I agree with you but there is a problem in the chain somewhere, maybe it's me that puts too much brightness in gimp but it seems the Image server is adding brightness too. And I am scanning using a camera, which is quite bad.  So yes there is a problem that needs to be addressed . lol

--> To have a scanner again, would solve many problems.

@todd8137

Totally the same situation here (Quebec Canada), but tonight seems promising for the first time in close to 20 days in a row.. that's incredible.

Hello,
Instead of adding brightness, try to use curves and levels it's a bit more powerful!

I tried to do this, if it bothers you just tell.
N3ptune6910.jpg
N3ptuneDumbell.jpg

Archived