Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Cacoon!

simmo39

Went out and played on Friday night, I was going to try for the Elephant trunk but as usual a tree jumped in the way! so change of target. I had done the cacoon last year but only managed about 50 mins worth of data but this time I got a good 2 hours worth. After combing it with last years take I got this. V pleased with the result!

9 x 6 mins subs from 2015 at 800 and 20 x 6 min of subs this year at 800, taken with my semi cooled 600d canon on my SW 130 pds.

cacoon_filtered_zpsftpzd5jy.jpg

And here is the crop.

cacoon_filteredcrop_zpsjfm7wsnw.jpg

Hints tips welcome.

Great work - even more so given the challenge of UK skies.

I would consider just backing of the noise reduction a little as you may find more detail to play with but great image nonetheless.  Will you be adding more data to it.  I hear a rumor that there is yet another clear night due this week, very peculiar!

Paddy  

1 hour ago, PatrickGilliland said:

Great work - even more so given the challenge of UK skies.

I would consider just backing of the noise reduction a little as you may find more detail to play with but great image nonetheless.  Will you be adding more data to it.  I hear a rumor that there is yet another clear night due this week, very peculiar!

Paddy  

I have heard that too, but dont shout it to loud or it might do a runner! If its true Ill be out adding more data or trying to catch the Elephant if the tree has moved!. As for the noise reduction think your right. Will have another play with the data when i get a free ten mins. 

Archived