Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

PHD LOg - 1st attempt guiding

iapa

Hi. It's difficult without the other section of the guiding but you maybe able to assess yourself; it's probably better to look at the images you produced as a result of the guiding rather than the guiding. If they're OK then you can forget the numbers. HTH. 

We cant tell much from your calibration only that it looks like you have some backlash (the grouping of blue at the start means your mount wasn't responding to pulses )

looks like you never put focal length and pixel size into PhD ?? This is done in the brain part of PhD under guiding . You must do this before a calibration . 

Duh - I had put the FL/pixel size in for earlier attempts. I started from scratch this time.

I thought it was 'push here dummy', plug it in, switch it on, and go LOL.

Weather forecast rubbish for next week, so, pack it all up and wait again.

2 hours ago, alacant said:

Hi. It's difficult without the other section of the guiding but you maybe able to assess yourself; it's probably better to look at the images you produced as a result of the guiding rather than the guiding. If they're OK then you can forget the numbers. HTH. 

Focus was rubbish, but in that session I was really wanting to get guiding sorted. Having said that the starts were round and no trailing at 10mins in the region of M81

Attached RA and DEC charts

Untitled2.png

Untitled3.png

You have no focal Length specified  so phd can't figure out your Pixel Scale. Which means The Graph isnt true . You could be 5x worse or better for example . Need to Start again im afraid 

22 minutes ago, iapa said:

<sob>

No, I should be fine: you are satisfied with your snaps apart from the focus so just enter the focal length and pixel size into your existing setup. I think it's brain-camera-pixel size and brain-guiding-focal length. Now hit Calculate in the last menu and calibrate anew. HTH

Archived