• NEQ6 controlled via laptop setup
  • ATIK414ex mono
  • Baader H-Alpha filter
  • ZWO 120mm as guidecam via OAG/PHD2

Data:

• Three panel mosaic
  • P1 (top), P2 (Middle) 20x480s binned 1x1
  • P3 (bottom) 14x480s binned 1x1

Two nights, clear (ish) in a row! MADNESS! Admittedly a nearly full Moon is up and about, so not perfect conditions for sure, guiding was actually the best I'd ever managed, with 0.55-0.70" RMS. Honestly not sure if my data is actually to dark and my stretch is a bit naff, this is all new to me - but hell I think it looks pretty!

I want to capture the remaining 48 minutes of data for P3 and then move on to OIII, SII - because nothing says determined than probably having to up exposure time to 16-20 minutes per shot....I could 2x2 bin them, but that seems lazy after going to the effort of 1x1'ing the Ha.

Anyhow, hopefully not too shocking to look at, rather enjoying this region of the night sky, though need to remember to do a flip by 3am, learnt that my camera can't warp through a tripod leg!

Archived