NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Allsorts in Cassiopeia

ollypenrice

More exploring in Cassiopeia with the TEC140/Avalon Linear/Atik 11000. Alas I don't think it hangs together terribly well as an overall image but it's worth a cruise round the larger sized one to see some nice little objects.

The dusty snake and patches are (I think) LDN1332 1334 1337. The small cluster below that is NGC654 and the associated little reflection nebula is VdB6. The large cluster lower left is NGC663 while the small one way over to the right is Trumpler 1.

Colour 3 Hrs per channel, Luminance 6 Hrs. Total 15 Hrs in 10 min subs. Taken with Tom again, my processing here. Click on the image and the large version has a button lower left.

NGC654%20%20663%20TR1%20VDB6%20LDN1343-4

Olly and Tom.

Excellent. Not only have you captured the objects mentioned, you have some really big, faint neb in there and represent what I look for as "shade edges". Great job on that beautiful reflection nebula!

Another great image and map for us.  Does that Tec set up ever work...

3 hours ago, jetstream said:

Excellent. Not only have you captured the objects mentioned, you have some really big, faint neb in there and represent what I look for as "shade edges". Great job on that beautiful reflection nebula!

Another great image and map for us.  Does that Tec set up ever work...

Cheers, Gerry. The red layer, if stretched to screaming point, has some hints of faint structure on large scales which would probably respond to an Ha layer. However, Tom is off on one of his megalomaniac projects and required me to demolish the TEC rig so he could continue to shoot the entire northern sky at 500mm FL! To be continued.

Olly

Archived