Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Saturn 20/07/2016

rodrigol

My garden observatory is now completely surrounded by thick branches from apple trees, bushes of various types and generally, very little visibility of the ecliptic. I can hardly see Mars now. Saturn is a little higher so I ventured to see if I could grab some data on my C11 & QHYI5L-II. All taken through tiny gaps in between leaves blowing in the wind. The image below is the product of processing of 1000 frames with PIPP + AS!2 + PS. I think it's not great but OK for posting given the conditions.

21-44-01-386_g4_ap44_conv.jpg

Hi Peter,

You are right. It's overexposed but I did not manage to reduce exposure without sacrificing the hints of surface detail. Also, after uploading it's gone quite grainy. And yes, I will need to talk to the neighbor about pruning their apple tree. All those apples in the highest branches are a danger to wildlife!

R:)

I have two blackthorn bushes (trees) facing south in my garden that I refused to cut back as I am sucker for sloe gin..hate normal gin.

Now I have a couple of descent scopes (my first was a really cheap 700-76 given to me) I have bitten the bullet and attacked them last night to make way for clearer skies.

Would rather have clearer skies and have to buy sloe gin.

Very good picture of Saturn though. I am getting better with my webcam so hopefully I will be able to post something worth posting soon.

Archived