NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

M20, the Trifid nebula

Michael-H

Firstly I think the capture is great. Your investment in telescope time on this could keep you happy for years because I'm certain that there is more buried in the data than we see here. When the blue goes all around the red then you have gone deep, deep enough to push for more colour intensity and more local contrasts. You could chip away at this for ages - and I hope you will.

Olly

• 2 weeks later...
On 16 July 2016 at 21:35, ollypenrice said:

Firstly I think the capture is great. Your investment in telescope time on this could keep you happy for years because I'm certain that there is more buried in the data than we see here. When the blue goes all around the red then you have gone deep, deep enough to push for more colour intensity and more local contrasts. You could chip away at this for ages - and I hope you will.

Olly

Well, here you are Olly. I got the drizzle integration to work in Pixinsight (it turns out you need to do the full calibration in the program for drizzle to work properly). This is 48x300s with some deconvolution and minus green. I also pushed it more carefully so as not to blow the stars out. It keeps getting better.

M

M20-Trifid-T3-drizzleintegration-48x300s.jpg

Archived