NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Losing your astro mojo in this weather?

kirkster501

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Luke, we already had huge torrents of water in germany about 6 weeks ago... 2 people drowned ... 1 town got almost destroyed...

ok... rephrase: i .hope. it doesnt get worse

36 minutes ago, Tzitzis said:

GREECE

Ive never been to Greece. I think i'd like it. If you are anything to go by, the people must be ok (LOL), and my favourite food/meal is Moussaka and i am a fan of stuffed vine leaves also. 

I'd only visit the mainland. The islands are full of tourists.

You should look up Zagorochoria. Find the NELM meter (or whatever it's called). BGazing was planning a trip there to estimate that reading and it was about 21.9 or something like that. Look it up!

What a difference a week makes. About a week ago at 11:50pm the skies above me were dark but only nautical dark. Some blue patches were still visible. Tonight at 10:15pm.......the skies were as dark as a dark thing. Cloudy and raining, but dark. It would have been possible to go out observing if it was clear. It was also pretty cold for this time of year.

Ive just been looking around the imaging section of SGL (in depth) and even though i am neither an imager nor summer observer, my mojo is being tickled pink with the images i am seeing. The images of planets,DSO etc are really making me itch to get out and observe.

Looking at all the images........from the comfort of my laptop...............i still feel as if i am "doing" astronomy. Its a feeling ive never had before in my 35 yrs of observing.

If i wore a hat........it would be well and truly off to all you imagers.

I have a funny feeling that it may not be too long before i turn to the dark side. i probably already have the gear to do so.........just not sure how to use it.

Last night it cleared reasonably at 10:30.  Big difference from 10 days ago regarding the amount of light at this time it was much darker. I think next Wednesday is the first Astro-dark not that means anything will that big 'ol light bulb in the sky. :p  

Archived